CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.
As you create a home, don’t get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don’t dwell on your failures, but think about your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey."
~Marjorie P. Hinckley


I saw this quote recently online and it struck me. I am getting better about this. I really am. I used to worry about things "matching" or going well together in my house. To an extent, I guess I still do, but now I mostly buy things that I love. It doesn't matter what other people think of your house, because if you love it, then it works. It's home. It's what brings joy to your life. Aside from your husband and kids, that is. :)


My joyous living room. I've become obsessed with wire baskets. I want some more. They seem to look great with just about anything in them!

whimages eclectic powder room

Like this one to hold towels
Dreamy Whites
Or, this one {above and below} to hold decorations {Photos from Dreamy Whites}

Dreamy Whites

Oh, if only I was going to the flea market this weekend! {Sigh} Maybe it's best that it didn't work out. I probably would have found too many things to buy. Right?? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails